Friday 4 February 2011

Heat, Humidity and Head in the Sand

The heat and humidity are sapping my energy. I have an uncomfortable sticky feeling all over my skin – reminiscent of tacky fairy floss. This malaise is further aggravated by the lack of appropriate garments in my wardrobe – the result of an over zealous appetite and a recent purging of clothes which I have sadly outgrown. I long for new summer attire, fashionably designed to allow a breeze to ventilate my glowing skin. Clothes made of natural fibres that “breathe”.  But it is not to be…. I’m too frightened by the prospect of seeing my newly acquired fuller figure, (cleverly illuminated by revealing lights), in the change-room mirrors . Dimples aren’t so appealing en masse.  Yes, I’m ashamed to admit that I whole-heartedly subscribe to the Ostrich Principle. Must revive that vision………..

No comments: